For starters, it takes a certain kind of “attitude” to be outed! Instead of doing our own inner work to have a healthy psyche or practicing self-awareness to boost our self-control, we dangerously rationalize with a healthy list of attitudes that I call the BeOUTEDtudes!
- Blessed are the hard workers . . . who then “deserve”rewards of forbidden treats!
- Blessed are the risk takers . . . who rationalize that they need the “high” that risk gives!
- Blessed are the defiant . . . who say damn the consequences!
- Blessed are the privileged . . . who believe they are entitled and above the law!
- Blessed are the brilliant . . . who really believe everyone else’s stupidity!
- Blessed are the egotistical . . . whose self-importance knows no bounds.
- Blessed are the blameless . . . who really think “the devil” made me do it!”
- Blessed are the almighty powerful . . . who have the right to mess with others’ lives!
- Blessed are the righteous . . . who believe it’s “my way or the highway!”
- Blessed are the “bored” . . . who live for excitement in all the wrong places!
- Blessed are the “perfect” ones . . . who refuse to admit their faults.
- Blessed are the vengeful . . . who believe that they have the right to get even!
- Blessed are the important ones . . . who feel their positions entitle them to “perks.”
Any of these ring true for you?
Be the Leader of your own Life! BeOUTEDtudes don’t have to happen to you!
Latest posts by Steven Mundahl (see all)
- Become a better leader and parent! - January 9, 2014
- Treat your employees like family and watch them grow - December 31, 2013
- Reckless Behavior Signals the Need for an Inner Coach - December 16, 2013